Long lines at the cashier’s office

Long+lines+at+the+cashiers+office+

Waiting in long lines seems to be the norm the first week of classes and for students hoping to pay for their fees at the cashier’s office, a line wrapped inside the first floor of the Administration Building is where they will be.

With the waiting time varying, some students think that waiting even 30 minutes is too much.

“The waiting time of approximately 30 minutes to get to speak with a cashier has become an issue that students don’t like at all,” Douglas Molina, undecided major said.

A cashier’s staff employee said that they are working really hard to help students and make this process easier but it’s a really tough job due to the huge amount of students wanting to pay their fees.

“However, students who are trying to find out what their financial aid status’ are will have less problems because there’s a special window just for that issue,” she said.

Information posted by the administration office said extra hours of service are going to be implemented during this week trying to help this problem.

The official dates and times for this week are going to be Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“I just want to pay for the class that I just added” Jarod Levi, art major said while waiting in line. “They should open more windows instead of more hours.”

Even an EC officer is working this week in the cashier’s office due to the amount of students in waiting in line to simply make sure that nothing happens while students wait in long lines.