Bookstore Under Control for New Semester

Unlike previous semesters, students on campus are heading to the bookstore and making their purchases quick and easy.

“Enrollment is down slightly.  It’s a pretty standard semester so far,” Andy Nasatir, a bookstore employee, said.

Although the bookstore has not encountered any problems so far, the campus police are making sure that extra security is available.

When asked if there have been problems with theft, security Cadet Taylor Meyer said, “Not so far, but you can see how crazy it is.”

Like every semester, students are looking for the best textbooks prices and looking to buy their required textbooks online.

“Right now I am comparing prices between the bookstore and online,”  Ashley Williams, 21, special education major said.

Williams said that even thought textbooks are more expensive in the campus bookstore, she finds that the staff is helpful.

For students like Peter Trevino, 20, business major, buying textbooks from the campus bookstore benefits him more than buying them elsewhere but does say that it has both it’s pro’s and cons.

“I get a tax write off,” he said. “ But selling books back is not ideal.  You get maybe a tenth of the price,” Trevino said.

However, not all students have a choice when it comes to where to purchase their textbooks.

Victor Romero, 20, business major said he only bought his textbooks at the EC bookstore because he ran out of time.

While Thuong Nguyen, 20, engineering major said his teacher recommended that he buy them there.

Nasatir said the bookstore will be making a few changes and plans to give the students more options for purchasing their required materials.

“As soon as the next fall semester, we may be in a position to be renting books through the bookstore,” Nasatir said.

Regular bookstore hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.