Cheaters always play dirty

A partner is crying, yelling, fighting and may break loose from a security guard because they just witnessed their significant other engaging in a sexual act with someone else. This describes a typical scene out of the TV show, “Cheaters.”
Host Joey Greco and his “Cheaters” team make a living out of catching infidelity and cheaters in action, while the viewer may find humor in other peoples’ misfortune.
Celebrities like Tiger Woods, Jesse James and former president Bill Clinton are just some of the few who are ridiculed because they have been caught cheating on their partners.
When it actually happens to them, though, students are faced sometimes with feelings of anger, sorrow or betrayal.
Some students believe staying monogamous in a relationship is important for people to stay connected with one another.
But being faithful is much harder from a student standpoint.
“Many people say that the key to a strong relationship is being faithful, but the fact is that people cheat,” Kirsten Resnick, history professor, said. “This could be a way to say that they want out of the relationship.”
Students have their own reasons as to why they cheat.
“I only did it because I figured that the other person was cheating,” Tara Baskin, 22, criminal justice major, said.
According to Oprah.com, a site that provides resources from Oprah’s TV show and books, “In a new study conducted by marriage counselor M. Gary Neuman, (it is) estimated that one in 2.7 men will cheat and most of their wives will never know about it.”
According to womansavers.com, “Younger people are more likely candidates” to have cheated on their partner.
“When you’re young, you don’t have any time for a relationship so until you’re ready to settle down, you are able to go around and do what you want,” Patrick Davis, 24, air conditioning and refrigeration major, said. “No one is obligated to be with anyone.”
The reasons people cheat on their partner may include that they are unsatisfied with their sex lives. Many thrive on the excitement they get from a fling, according to MSNBC.com. Men want more sex, more satisfying sex and variety.
“I get bored with people fast, so I move on to the next girl. Most girls don’t do anything so it is like I haven’t been hooked on any girl’s sex,” Ricky Lewis, 23, pre-medicine major, said. “I do it because I can.”
Other reasons for cheating are that they have marital or relationship unhappiness because of “financial problems, a gap in social network and a dramatic change in priorities,” Resnick said.
“I was very unhappy in the relationship because there was a lack of communication and I wasn’t as interested in her as I was before,” RiQue Anderson, 22, undecided major, said.
Temptation is another cause for a person’s wandering eye which leads to the action of cheating.
“Guys are easily tempted by women. This is why there is always some sort of competition between women to win the guys interest,” Baskin said.