Artist helps inspire others

Wesley+Pacleb%2C+24%2C+fine+arts+major%2C+has+exhibited+his+work+in+numerous+galleries+and+Art+Walks+in+surrounding+cities.+
    Wesley Pacleb, 24, fine arts major, has exhibited his work in numerous galleries and Art Walks in surrounding cities.
    Using crayon on paper Wesley Pacleb, 24, fine arts major’s first experience with creating art was a scene of a frightened Goldilocks with the three bears.
    “I didn’t even try on that painting, it just came out. That’s when I realized that I wanted to be an artist. I can just go with the flow and how it comes out is how it comes out,” Pacleb said. “That’s your style and you should be confident. I learned that at very young age.”
    As a kindergartener at Dominguez Elementary School in Carson, Calif, Pacleb’s illustration was featured in an off campus art gallery featuring works from elementary, junior high and high school students.
    Pacleb uses various mediums including painting, printmaking, drawing, digital art, and writes poetry.  He also finds time to serve as president for the Inter Disciplinary Exploration Artisans Society, IDEAS, Art Club on campus.
    “It has everything to do with art in any way,” Pacleb said.  “It’s a variety of artists who network through the club including people who work with film, poetry, and music.”
    The club, Pacleb said, is also a great place to meet friends, network and promote their art.
    “Every time I see him, he has a painting that he is working on or something to present.  He’s always taking initiative,” Juan Estrada, 20, art major, said.  Estrada is also involved with the Art Club.
    “I’ve never seen someone work so hard toward something. His work ethic and his passion is inspiring.”
    Pacleb’s artwork has been featured at the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk, San Pedro Art Walk and the Downtown Long beach Art Walk.
    Although it seemed like an unattainable goal at one time, he recently got accepted to the Art Center of College and Design in Pasadena, Calif.  It was his No. 1 choice university.
    Pacleb said he hopes to work at a museum and do restoration art in the future. He also wants to continue working with galleries.  No matter what obstacles Pacleb may face, he said he uses his art as an outlet to overcome any difficulties life may bring.
    “As an artist, I feel that I solve problems creatively, I figure out a way to deal with obstacles and get around them,” Pacleb said. “An artist is someone who gets the job done, there is no wrong way to do something.  It’s up to you to find the way that is most comfortable for you.”
    Pacleb said he hopes to inspire one person a day. He wants to bring out the inner art in everyone, and to help others act on their passions.
    “You’re doing art no matter what,” Pacleb said.  “The way you pick your outfits or the way you make your food, to me that’s art.”

Using crayon on paper Wesley Pacleb, 24, fine arts major’s first experience with creating art was a scene of a frightened Goldilocks with the three bears.“I didn’t even try on that painting, it just came out. That’s when I realized that I wanted to be an artist. I can just go with the flow and how it comes out is how it comes out,” Pacleb said. “That’s your style and you should be confident. I learned that at very young age.”As a kindergartener at Dominguez Elementary School in Carson, Calif, Pacleb’s illustration was featured in an off campus art gallery featuring works from elementary, junior high and high school students.Pacleb uses various mediums including painting, printmaking, drawing, digital art, and writes poetry.  He also finds time to serve as president for the Inter Disciplinary Exploration Artisans Society, IDEAS, Art Club on campus. “It has everything to do with art in any way,” Pacleb said.  “It’s a variety of artists who network through the club including people who work with film, poetry, and music.” The club, Pacleb said, is also a great place to meet friends, network and promote their art. “Every time I see him, he has a painting that he is working on or something to present.  He’s always taking initiative,” Juan Estrada, 20, art major, said.  Estrada is also involved with the Art Club.“I’ve never seen someone work so hard toward something. His work ethic and his passion is inspiring.”Pacleb’s artwork has been featured at the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk, San Pedro Art Walk and the Downtown Long beach Art Walk.Although it seemed like an unattainable goal at one time, he recently got accepted to the Art Center of College and Design in Pasadena, Calif.  It was his No. 1 choice university.Pacleb said he hopes to work at a museum and do restoration art in the future. He also wants to continue working with galleries.  No matter what obstacles Pacleb may face, he said he uses his art as an outlet to overcome any difficulties life may bring.  “As an artist, I feel that I solve problems creatively, I figure out a way to deal with obstacles and get around them,” Pacleb said. “An artist is someone who gets the job done, there is no wrong way to do something.  It’s up to you to find the way that is most comfortable for you.”Pacleb said he hopes to inspire one person a day. He wants to bring out the inner art in everyone, and to help others act on their passions. “You’re doing art no matter what,” Pacleb said.  “The way you pick your outfits or the way you make your food, to me that’s art.”